Monday, May 12, 2008

Yearbook & Mother's Day

It's official, Jordan is part of the yearbook staff next year. She is a photographer, so I will be sharing my camera with her, in other words, I need a new camera because I'll never see mine again!

Mother's Day was fun and restful. When I woke up, the girls gave me their present, Ali first, it was a empty water bottle. She said it was a gift I would use, and it's "green friendly" and I can keep refilling it and reusing it. A gift that keeps on giving. Then Jordan came in with a full water bottle, Ahh much better, but had to wonder how these kids became such smart Alecks! Hmmm, one to ponder. Then later, I rec'd Diamond Ice golfballs, and DVDs. I rec'd PS. I love you in Blue Ray, but no Blue Ray (just a whoopsie ), Juno and 27 Dresses. I've seen Juno and thought it was Hilarious, a definite see again movie! Today we watched 27 Dresses, it was a cute, feel good movie. And Chasity gave me PS, I love you, in DVD, so we watched that also today, and let me tell you, don't watch it without a full box of Kleenex! It's a tear jerker.

Chasity, Donnie and the kids came over for Burgers and dogs, and the kids all swam in the pool. They brought crawfish from their friends' house, and Jordan tried it and liked it. I tried it, and thought it was ok, but when looking at Chasity's fingers from pulling apart all the crawfish, NO THANKS! Ali was a complete "No thanks, I don't eat fish" she wouldn't even try it. Steve, he likes crawfish, so he ate himself plenty. You know, what is the history around crawfish? Did they get so hungry back in the day, that they decided to catch those ocean critters and tear them apart and eat them. Only to find out later, that they'd taste a little better if they were sooooo spicy hot. Or maybe this is where "Crazy Cajun" originated. Makes you wonder....

No comments: