Friday, August 7, 2009

Fridays were made for movies!

So today during my lunch hour, Ali and I went to the movies, we went and saw "Aliens in the Attic." It was great, definite thumbs up. I had originally wanted to see Julia & Julie, but Ali was pretty adamant about not seeing that one. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it entertained me, some real laugh out loud moments, and the aliens look just like the Mucinex man on TV (yea, the gross one).

So late this afternoon, Jordan and I went to Julia & Julie, ahhhh, it was great. Light, yet funny, I have to say, Meryl Streep was excellent in the role. Jordan had met up with 3 other friends there, and they all laughed harder at some of the jokes than I did. It was also inspiring, Jordan and I are talking about cooking, but we won't go for the daily task Amy Adams did, we're thinking twice a week, and blogging about it. It won't be out of the Julia Childs cookbook, although I'm intrigued now, and thinking about buying it, but rather, the good ole reliable, Taste of Home Cookbook, and I have several, so it would be easy!! We'll see how that goes, but to summarize, Julia & Julie is a definite THUMBS UP.

No comments: