Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Waterlogged in Houston

Between late afternoon yesterday and this morning, we, in Cypress, have gotten over 8" of rain. They closed the schools down today due to the excess rain. We be flooding! We're dry, well, no water in the house or anything, but Steve said there is no way the car would of made it to work, water on the roads was too high for my little Honda. It started raining hard again this morning and Steve was home by 11:00am, otherwise he may not of had a route home. Cypress Creek is between us and work, and it is outside its banks, with it still raining.

Before all of this our Pool was at 76, but I bet it's back to 70 now. I'd go check, but it's too wet and cold, so you'll have to wait on confirmation on that one.

Jordan just left for the movies, Knowing. I want to go too!!! But I want to see 17 Again, and Obsessed. I'll probably run my cabin fever daughter, Ali, to 17 Again here around 4:00.

Our soccer team is disbanding, sounds like several are going into club soccer (but, different clubs) and some are looking to still play rec-soccer. I think we'll concentrate our efforts on Basketball going forward, during the off season, I'm going to use the soccer monies towards private lessons with her basketball coach to further us along. Ali seems to be fine with this, she's more focused on basketball right now, and her #1 passion is basketball with #2 being all other sports. She'll miss the sport, the friends and the fun, as will Steve and I, but she can still try out for soccer in high school if she misses it that bad.

No comments: