Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Day

Easter Day started with hard rains, then by noon, the clouds went away and the sunshine came out, we had a great 70's type day. We headed to Chasity's house around 2:00, where she did all the cooking (NICE!!), all I had to bring was chocolate chip cookies (for her, not Easter). We had brisket, ribs, beans, corn casserole, potato salad, it was great! I should say, Steve had ribs, cause after he ate 8, there weren't many for others! He really enjoyed them, lip smacking good. I had never had corn casserole, and it didn't sound good, but to be polite I put some on my plate. Then I tried it, wow, it was palate pleasing! It had jiffy cornbread mix in it, cream corn, a couple of spices, and that was it - real tasty, I actually went back for seconds on that, and went back again, and it was gone! We had a real laid back, enjoyable day, it was real nice. The kids did a easter egg hunt, the bigger kids played football, and had confetti eggs.... We spent the majority of the afternoon (until nearly 8PM) outside emjoying the weather and good company.

Jordan and Ali did some of the hiding of eggs, since they're too big for the actual "Hunt"

The "HUNT"




Out of reach??

I don't think soooo....

Creative hiding (in the truck's muffler).



Chasity bought some "confetti" eggs, of which we all got hit with, then later, so did Chasity!!




Football was played later in the day.....

and here's my ROMO!! Look at that form - NFL here he is! & the TEXANS or even the LIONS could use him!!!


Candise had some candy, and was looking all cute, and photogenic!



Way TOO much Candy.....


Clearly not enough CANDY...... (such serious looks)!!

No comments: