We had a basketball tournament this past weekend in New Caney, TX. We played 8th grade girls (still an age level above Ali) and we were fiercely competitive! We lost, but not like we were.... we only lost by 5 points, and had led most of the game. It was great to see the girls regain some of their confidence, knowing they are competitive, and on common grounds with their age groups. We had a couple of nail biters, with undesired results, but as a parent, I'm definitely seeing improvements with the team, and with Ali. That in itself is worth the moola!!
Our big sister, green team, qualified for Nationals, our team, was so supportive of them, and happy they are going. Even the parents got into the cheering them on. Our Head of the whole organization's wife, got up lead a cheer, got the crowd into it, then she went down and did the splitz! We all sat there with our mouths wide open in awe!!! It was GREAT!
We practice with the green team, and they are 9th and 10th graders. Each one has a "little sister" on the gold team (Ali's team) that they get to know, support, and mentor. Great philosophy, and team building effort. Ali has an 8th grader, that is playing up, because she IS that good!! She is the best ball handler I've seen in years.
In the last game, Ali decided to get REAL aggressive, she fouled out with 10 minutes left in the game. I guess when I told her not to leave fouls on the table, that I should of reinforced using them wisely, and it's ok to leave one on the table!!! :-)
We have another tournament this weekend, it should be exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment