The weather has been down right hot, not humid, but definitely warm! we're in the high 80's (86+) with no rain in site until late next week. My flowers are looking good in my pots, all of last weeks rain has a way of making everything sprout & flourish nicely.
Steve and I have a plan for the back corner in the back yard, it's been a total stumper for us, because it's so shaded, we can't grow grass, so we put rocks down there. The rocks are too close to the pool, and unsightly. They're bull rock, so they're terra cotta in color, and nice looking, so we are going to organize them in a tiered planter type look. We've got to go get pavers to stack, to encase the rocks, then I'm going to have a couple of nice containers with shade plants, this is all around our gas light, and a couple of whiskey barrels, if we can get it all symmetrical, I think it will look nice. Remember I have sort of a rustic theme in the back yard, Texas stars, cowboys & cowboy boot on the back fence. I'll have to take before and after pictures. Or I could take before pictures and solicit everyone's opinions on what to do!!
Jordan left us last night before 5:30 to go to her friend Candise's house, they were up at 5am this morning heading to Dallas/Ft. Worth. They are there until late Saturday night for FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) competition. Her friend Candise is also running for State Office (that will look NICE on the college apps!!).
Ali had BBall practice last night, we went nearly to Katy to pick one of the girls up, Big Z. She's an 8th grader that's about 5'10 - vital to the team! She's real sweet, but has a hard time making practices because her dad & mom work late hours (not sure what they do). We hav another tournament this weekend in New Caney (about 1 hour north from here). The practices have been intense, and I'm hoping it shows on the court giving the girls some confidence. We're signed up to play against 8th graders, so at last a tournament where we play kids our own age!! We're really looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment