Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump Day

Well, how is everyone's week going? Things are going well here, we made it through the root canal, Jordan didn't feel a thing, then took the prescribed Tylenol 3, then went night, night before 8pm. She awoke in pain, took a couple ibuprofen and when she arrived home from school today, she felt much better. Except she's STARVING! I rationed her to pudding only yesterday and today at lunch.

Ali went to AAU practice last night, her coach is Regina Raspert-Elrod, she played college ball in Detroit, Oberlin College. Her oldest brother played for Michigan State, her dad played for Air Force - both parents are coaches, so basically........it's in her blood. Coach G (Regina) is the Morton Ranch 7th grade girls basketball coach, and the track coach, and the AAU Coach for this team, so she has a pretty active schedule with all her committments. Practice went well, all the parents at the parent meeting were very friendly & welcoming, so "in the moment" I was sucked into being the team mom.



Below they're working on the "Triple Threat" this is basically faking the opponent out, making them commit their weight to one side, then breezing by them on their other side - so they'll always be behind you (recover from the imbalance, and be in catch up mode). This is what Grandpa was telling Ali about this summer "make them commit to one side, then penetrate towards the other"







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did anyone else notice that Ali's mouth is open in all those photos? :)

I think that means she is working hard!

Traci said...

yea, we noticed!! LOL.

The next practice she wore all U of M gear, with Michigan called out across her T-shirt, she wore it for her coach (I call this brown nosing, but since that was my forte` I appreciate the efforts), however, her coach didn't show up for the 2nd practice....Murphy's law. But one of the older girls started calling her "Michigan" kinda like when we're in Rosco BBall camp, they call her "Tex or Houston" geological nick names!

But who am I to complain if they nickname her Michigan, I can get her well outfitted with her nickname called out on all her clothes, and it just so happens blue is her favorite color!!