Thursday, September 4, 2008

September - 1st week

Ali has been going to Crosscountry every morning at 6:20, and yesterday they had timed them for eligibility to the meet next Wednesday. They had to run 2 miles in less than 20 minutes to make the meet (ok, obviously they're 12 & 13, cause at 43 it's 20 minutes to a heart attack!). Ali made it in 18:31, so... much to her dismay she's in the meet. Yea, surprisingly, she doesn't really want to be in the meet, but she's in, so she's participating. I'm hoping her competitiveness will kick in while running against other schools. So stay posted.....for the results.

Jordan is officially in Drama/Theatre II, her teacher is glad to have her back again. She is staying after today for Drama Club, and she wore a cute black dress today. She is in "Homecoming mode" you know, looking good daily so potential dates see her at her best. Homecoming is a month away, so again, stay posted!! She wore heels the other day and made her ex-boyfriend's jaw drop, his loss.

We've rec'd College Open House letters, so in the coming months we'll be touring some of the Houston schools. Duke is coming to Houston, so we may go there to get literature and hear their pitch, but when looking up the school, in the end it'll be $176k for the 4 year degree. YIKES, perhaps a public school is a better choice, hey, cheaper yet, maybe I can talk her into Kirtland, to be a Warbler!!! University of Houston & Texas A&M were under the $100k, so those will be concentrated efforts. Of course, this could all change with a full ride academic scholarship, then all I have to pay for is her new car (that is our incentive for her!).

Well, we're off to soccer practice tonight, so more pictures coming soon, have I mentioned, I am loving my new camera!! Our first soccer game is Saturday, so again, more pictures!

Sunday, Jordan sings for the junior high kids at church, so I may have Ali take a video so I can blog it. Jordan wants me to wait until she is the lead singer vs. back up, but we can always take another! :-)

We have booked the Limo for Ali's birthday, the big 13, TEEN birthday, so she gets a limo, to take her to CiCi's pizza, then on to Laser Tag. So I have to get the list of girls that are coming, map their addresses for pick up, then after the pizza & laser tag, their parents will pick them up at our house. Should be a blast for Ali. She's asked me to be the adult in the limo, can we say EARPLUGS, TYLENOL and/or ALCOHOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey just remember if she goes to DUKE, she has family only a few miles away to feed her good meals and make sure she rests (and studies hee, hee). Sooz