Ali had a sleepover on Friday, and apparently they stayed up until 6AM, slept until 9AM and was home by noon. She played all day, had friends over to swim, ate dinner, took a 3 hour nap, woke up, and then went back to bed about an hour later.
Jordan, Steve and I watched "Fab Five" on Fox Family, it was about some Texas cheerleaders, one with a mom as the principal, and they ran the school (similiar to Mean Girls). It was based on a true story, not sure which town, not Houston! Anyways, between this movie, and the other Texas Cheerleader movie where the mom puts a HIT out on the girl, we decided Cheerleading is too dangerous of a sport here in Texas.
Steve smoked some ribs and chicken Saturday, we hadn't used the smoker in quite some time, it was a treat! and they were definitely tasty! I picked a dessert out of the Taste of Home, Church suppers cookbook (love that cookbook!), I made chocolate chip cake bars, they were Yummy! Reminded me of the Pistacchio Bread recipe in the Galimore Cookbook (only without the Pistacchio!).
Sunday, I bit the bullet, went out and bought my mixer! I wanted the kitchenaid one, but didn't feel like going to a bunch of stores, so I went to JCPenney, it's a stand alone store, and kept up much nicer than the Mall one. Anyways, they didn't have the Kitchenaid, but hey, for $449 I could get the Cuisinart (800 Watts) one! Or, I could get 700Watts with JCPenney's Cooks' model, for $299 on sale for $239 - SOLD. But when we went to the check out, it rang up at $149, Steve gave a confused look, which I diffused immediately! We quickly paid and left even quicker!! What a deal!!! With such excitement, I went home and started playing with my new toy. So, back to the Taste of Home, Church SUppers cookbook, and made Cardamon braids, then I made homemade pizza (and of course used the mixer for the dough!).
We were pretty leisurely this weekend, slept in, went to bed early..........ahhhh, felt good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment