Friday, February 20, 2009

H-Town Souljahz here we come.....

Ali made the AAU team, we are officially part of the H-Town Souljahz (slang for soldiers), she has nothing but growth ahead of her, the majority of the girls are older, so I'm hoping the benefits are great. We'll be traveling quite a bit more, stateside, except for maybe twice we have to go out of state, one in Florida, which we're pretty pumped up about. The other destination is unknown at this time. The next 6 weeks are going to be pressing, between soccer and basketball, but we're attempting to do both. As it stands, for the moment, we know she has to give up one soccer practice in the week, and when we have a bball tournament and a soccer game, it's going to get extremely tricky! We're paying more for bball, but if she's a bencher on bball, and not on soccer, well, we'll be weighing our options each conflict. But, I only know of one conflict weekend at the moment, and I think the tournament is in Houston, and our soccer game is in Houston (East side), so I'm thinking we can handle both! End result: Ali will be in excellent shape! and Steve & Traci will be extremely tired! and thank god Jordan can drive now.

Jordan is getting both emails and snail mail from all kinds of colleges now, each week it seems to increase. Steve thinks she's getting more junk mail than we are! yea!

I have a few track pictures to post, but with only 2 practices under her belt, she didn't do well. apparently there is a precise, rhythm of movements for the 3 jump - not sure, they all looked good to me, then I would here she scratched, so now she's rethinking hurdles..........yikes!

No comments: