Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday blues

because we have to go back to work today!

We had a great holiday weekend, on Wednesday we decorated the house, and put up the tree. We still have to work on the outside, but we'll get there this week.

Thursday morning we headed to Zavalla, about 2.5 hours north east (East Texas) for Thanksgiving lunch at Steve's dad's and step mom's (Grams). Early evening with full bellies we headed to Livingston (about an hour Southwest from Zavalla, and one hour north from Houston) where we stayed the night & had our 2nd Thanksgiving lunch on Friday, but instead of Turkey we had BBQ. Steve's mom & stepdad (AJ) made sausage, ribs, chicken and all the sides. There was plenty of people, plenty of food, and plenty of good times.

Friday night once we got home, Jordan had a sleepover to go to at her friend, Kaitlin's house, there were 4 of them. They had a great time. Saturday Jordan came home and slept the majority of the day, between the sleepover, the holiday, and the Robitussen she's been on, she was completely wiped out. Saturday morning we called and had Sarah come spend the day with us, Ali and her had a great time. We all ran over and saw Andy's new apartment, and ended up moving some stuff for them (how did that happen, we're too old for that!!). For the rest of the day we relaxed and had Stu and Crystal over for Pizza & football.

Sunday the girls went to Twilight after Jordan got out of church, then later Ali and I went to Bolt-3D, it was pretty good.

However, I did go to Changeling, Wednesday night, and I'm not normally a Angelina Jolie-Pitt fan, but wow, that movie was good.

I'll post pictures later in the week, hope everyone had a great holiday! I'm looking forward to the next one - 2 weeks off, yaHOOO!

No comments: